For small businesses and entrepreneurs, trying to gain brand recognition can feel like an uphill battle. When competing with ubiquitous brands like Walmart and Target, it’s harder for the little guys to get their products known. Here are some clever marketing secrets that will help you steal more of the spotlight for your brand.
1. Embrace the unpredictable. Whether it’s email marketing, content marketing, or social media marketing, nothing will ever be predictable. Your customers are always changing, the trends are shifting, the economy is fluctuating. You are faced with an endless variety of ever-changing variables, and your business needs to stay on its toes and be ready to adapt.
2. Big data is essential. Perhaps the most critical marketing secret is the use of big data. Your marketing campaign needs to be driven by data, so each marketing decision is based on actual trends and each advertisement is made around consumer interests. With predictive analytics, you’ll be able to predict future customer behaviors based on past behaviors, which can reduce marketing risks and increase the success of your campaign.
3. You need to take risks. Big data provides a critical piece of the puzzle, but it won’t guide your marketing strategy single-handedly. You need to be willing to take risks, experiment, and ask questions in order to guide your data analysis in a way that makes sense for your business. To make the best use of your data, you need to know the questions you want answered going in. Be prepared to experiment with new ideas and test new concepts to help guide your data analysis in a direction that’s productive for your business.
4. For social media to be effective, you need a lot of followers. Almost every business is engaged in social media to some degree, but many are failing to see results. Without a substantial following, your posts are unlikely to be noticed or worth the time and effort. You need to focus ample time to cultivating a loyal audience, rather than simply posting day after day. For smaller brands, it often takes a long time to begin gaining this critical following, but it’s well worth the effort and will pay off as your strategy progresses.
5. You need to measure your marketing-sourced leads. While over 90 percent of marketers claim they are expected to generate qualified sales leads, about 20 percent say they don’t know how many marketing-sourced leads they’ve generated. This is an incredibly important aspect of fine-tuning your marketing campaign to increase lead generation, as it will help you know how much to invest in marketing and which aspects of your marketing campaign are most effective.
You need to consistently review your marketing analytics, so you can see approximately how many of your leads are coming from your marketing campaign and which aspects of the campaign are responsible for the bulk of the leads. Marketing automation tools make it easy to track your marketing success, so you can stay on top of all lead generation statistics and discover which aspects of your campaign are driving the bulk of your leads.
ReachForce helps marketers increase revenue contribution by solving some of their toughest data management problems. We understand the challenges of results-driven marketers and provide solutions to make initiatives like marketing automation, personalization and predictive marketing better. Whether you have an acute pain to solve today or prefer to grow your capabilities over time, ReachForce can unify, clean and enrich prospect and customer lifecycle data in your business, and do it at your own pace.