Marketing automation tools are highly effective for fueling digital marketing campaigns, which makes it the ideal software for business-to-business (B2B) marketing. In fact, about 55 percent of B2B businesses utilize marketing automation, making it a necessary tool to remain ahead of the competition. For optimal B2B lead generation, you need to apply the automation tools methodically. Here are some tips to ensure your marketing campaign is optimized for lead generation.
1. Personalize your emails. Of the 55 percent of B2B companies using marketing automation software, 82 percent cited email as its most useful feature. Marketing automation can simplify your email campaign, while making it more effective. However, to truly catch the attention of readers, you need to ensure every email is tailored to their preferences. Marketing automation tools can help to categorize data based on the preferences of customers, so you can automate an email campaign that sends targeted ad pitches to every customer.
2. Share relevant content on social media. For a social media marketing strategy to be effective, people need to like and share your content. They’ll only do so if the content is relevant to their particular interests. If you’re sending the same types of content to your entire social media network, then the majority of viewers will likely pass it by. With marketing automation tools, you can track the performance of your content, so you can see which demographics respond most favorably to each genre. This allows you to share content with segments of your network based on their specific interests, so you can increase likes and shares, while reducing the cost of advertising.
3. Track the performance of content. Content marketing is incredibly useful for B2B marketing, as it provides prospective customers with an in-depth look into the products and services you offer. While you can’t automate your content strategy, you can use your automation tools to determine the types of content that are performing best among your audience, as well as the times of day that content is viewed most frequently.
4. Manage your leads. Marketing automation tools allow you to routinely assess the success of your campaign based on your metrics. In doing so, you can see which aspects of your campaign generate the highest number of leads, and which aspects are resulting in low performance. This allows you to design a campaign around aspects that fuel lead generation, so you can steadily improve your campaign over time while eliminating the painstaking process of trial and error. Once you’ve established which aspects of the campaign are routinely producing ample leads, you can automate those aspects of the campaign to improve efficiency.
5. Communicate with customers. B2B marketing isn’t only about capturing customers, but also about retaining the customers you already have. Customer retention relies on excellent customer service, and marketing automation tools can help to improve communication between you and your clients. While you need to respond personally to some of your clients, there are a lot of times when automating responses is preferable. In doing so, you can ensure you respond to the needs of every customer, making each person feel as though their concerns are validated.
ReachForce SmartForms helps marketers increase revenue contribution by solving some of their toughest data collection and management problems. We understand the challenges of results-driven marketers and provide solutions to make initiatives like landing pages better. Whether you have an acute pain to solve today or prefer to grow your capabilities over time, ReachForce SmartForms can help you improve your lead generation efforts at your own pace.