Yesterday’s webinar, Data Prerequisites for Account-Based Marketing Success, discussed the role of data enrichment in account-based marketing (ABM), covering the data prerequisites for a successful ABM approach and the value of database quality.
Missed the webinar? Not to worry. We’ve provided a recap with everything you need to know about ABM and how enriching your data will improve your ABM initiatives. Slides and a recording of the webinar will be available soon.
Before we jump in, let’s first talk about what ABM is.
What is ABM?
Account-based marketing is a B2B marketing strategy that helps marketers reach their ideal customer profile and target those accounts. ABM initiatives have shown positive, measurable results when done correctly, but poor database quality can hinder your ABM success.
Poor database quality makes it nearly impossible to reach your target accounts. Factors that have a negative impact on your database quality include:
- Old or bad email addresses
- Incomplete or missing data
- Duplicate data
In order to prevent poor data from affecting your ABM approach, it’s crucial that you capture high value data at point of entry in real-time.
Capturing Quality Data
You want to capture high quality data, but how can you do this when you want to keep your registration forms short (so your conversions stay high) while still obtaining all the rich data you need for ABM success?
The answer is to combat incomplete data through your leads by importing clean, validated data. This is where SmartForms can help.
How Does SmartForms Work?
SmartForms sits on top of any existing form in a marketing automation platform or other lead form software. Here’s a step-by-step look at how SmartForms works:
1. Once a user enters their information, SmartForms works in real-time, behind-the-scenes to gather firmographic and demographic information for your company.
2. After the user submits their information, SmartForms requests that they verify the company they have entered, improving the accuracy of the match between the company and the information it provides. Even if they choose, “None of the above,” SmartForms chooses for them.
3. Once the user submits their information, SmartForms appends all the company lead data and sends it to your marketing automation platform or CRM.
Other SmartForms Features
Here are some other things you should know about SmartForms.
- The window is fully customizable, including the number of companies suggested, as well as the algorithm of how SmartForms determines which company selections to suggest or choose.
- SmartForms will not interfere with your landing pages, as it can be configured to work on any online lead form, including any of the major marketing automation platforms and CRMs.
- SmartForms provides company information for domestic offices and the global parent company, which is helpful when it comes to segmentation and identifying possible larger opportunities.
- There are over 120 data points available for appending, including installed technology or all of the corporate hierarchy information.
In conclusion, SmartForms allows you to capture complete, accurate, and timely data at the beginning of the buyer’s journey, helping you lead more successful ABM initiatives and accelerate conversions.